Friday, April 5, 2013

Old New Me


New Blank Document

April 5, 2013

            I am fifty-eight and have come to a point in my life where I feel nothing is new. I need to find a remedy for this illness of mine. This is it. Everyday I will find something new. I am a new blank document.


            Today I have the day off. The sun is shining the way it does in the spring, still low in the sky but not as low as wintertime. The buds are new. I see them just crawling out from the stem but not yet bursting forth. It’s still too cold. It’s a cold spring.
           


            The neighbor and I chatted. He told me that Barb, his neighbor,

told him that I needed the lower branches on my very, very big pine in the front taken off. He was more than glad to help and told me someday I would come home and they would be gone. I almost cried and thanked him most graciously.

           First day, easy peasy. 

           Sincerely,

           J S Mulcare




1 comment: